The Purpose of this website
- The purpose of this website is to provide a place where ideas, research, and methods regarding counseling approaches, theories, and presuppositional frameworks are collected.
- My goal in maintaining this website is to provide a place where pastors, Christian counselors, Biblical counselors, and licensed counselors may investigate ideas about counseling that may be outside of one’s training or ‘popular’ Christian approaches, or ideology, in terms of what counseling is and the various techniques and methods that may be utilized in counseling.
- To engage the topic of beauty in literature, theology, psychology, and art with regards to its meaning, purpose, and usefulness.
- This website is meant to serve as an educational tool only.
I live in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina and hope to remain in these smoky and blue-hued mountains for the remainder of my life. I enjoy thoughtful games of chess with a cup of dark coffee particularly during cool mornings. Chocolate, pecan pie, hammocks, sweet tea, U2, and the Mumford and Sons are some of my favorite things. I find inspiration in creativity and art.
I am a Christian and I am learning to find my rest and satisfaction in Jesus Christ. I am profoundly interested in how the body and mind works, particularly in relation to each-other, hence this blog is dedicated in part to learning about human responses to psychological problems and various methods (sacred and secular) for treating those problems.
- Presently the author of this site is working on a Masters in Clinical and Mental Health Counseling and will be seeking licensure after the educational requirements and required supervision hours are completed.
- Presently the author of this site is not a licensed counselor, but merely a student. The author of this site is not working on becoming a “Biblical Counselor” or a “Christian Counselor”
- Instead, the author of this site is in process of working towards becoming a licensed counselor (LPC), who also happens to be a Christian.
Bryan College, Dayton, TN — B.A., Biblical Studies, Minor in Greek, 2004
St. John’s Graduate School, Annapolis, MD — M.A., Western Classics 2006
Montreat Graduate School, Asheville, NC – M.A., Masters in Clinical and Mental Health Counseling – 2016 – Present (Currently a Student).
I enjoy interacting with others, so please share your thoughts at the bottom of my blog posts.